View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #33
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
Is it that most books with lesbian leads are genre books, or that most people (either on this site or in general) read genres? I'd tend to guess that people who read mysteries or science fiction or whatever outnumber people who read "literature" or "mainstream"[1] works.

[1] This has always struck me as a misnomer. I think of it as more "leftovers," as the mundane stuff that didn't fit any real category.
I was wondering that, too. I can add that I have spent some time searching for books with lesbian themes in the library, but there were very little, which was why I tried asking. On the other hand, there's limits to how much is published here and I thought the possibilities might be greater with an English reading audience.

I wouldn't call 'literary' fiction 'leftovers' or mundane stuff. Saying so posits that genre is the primary/basis from which you must define literature (sorry, I can't describe this better in English, I hope it makes sense). BTW, I don't think literary fiction = general fiction.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote