View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Fortunately, you are in fact mistaken. At some point between ConvertLIT 1.5 and 1.8 the author changed the program from directly attempting to extract the DRM5 key from the current system to using a pre-extracted key file (e.g., "keys.txt"). The Windows binaries of ConvertLIT 1.8 include a "ReaderKeyRecoveryTool" for extracting your system's DRM5 key into the key file.

As for why ConvertLIT only converts to HTML, that's because LIT is just HTML in a funky archive (like a ZIP archive, but funky), so the simplest thing way to "convert" it is to just extract the HTML.

Why is it that you want the book in RTF?
Ok...well in that case, they have the "Reader Key Recovery Tool" well hidden, because I've not run across it. That could be because I don't have a clue what Windows Binaries are, though... I installed it and that was that. I think since I've figured out how to do it this way, I'll just stick with it.

LOL...you're going to think I'm crazy. I HATE MS Reader. I LIKE reading full screen in .rtf in Word, if I'm reading on a PC. I get two pages at a time, full screen spread on a widescreen monitor.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote