View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Tasker is ugly, hard to grasp, and generally unuserfriendly........but it is very very powerful, you can schedule or set just about anything in it...
Yeah I figured. I took a peek at it at the Play store and sure enough it fits your description. It reminds me of an app I use to use for the BB called BBRobot. Best app ever, I'll have to give Tasker a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Although Tasker has a free companion app that allows you to export profiles as APKs so maybe you could get away with not buying tasker and i'll build you a sync app, though you'd need another app to launch the apk at boot since i dont think I can have an APK from Tasker App Factory launch itself at boot (maybe you can I just haven't figured out how) also I could probably use dropsync instead of foldersync to build the apk so you'd spend nothing

EDIT: For some reason I tried it out today and it's not working..... gotta check all my settings to see what I missed.....
That would be very cool. I might pick up tasker just because of it's features but I would like to see an APK built that kicks off the Dropsync app.

I have another question. If you use Tasker to either run AutoRemote to kick off a remote sync or do a local update, what happens when one device is not on the network? Which device is responsible for completing the task.... is that left up to Foldersync?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote