Thread: New Pocket Edge
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
ajc263
Edge User

Possibly defective unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
On seeing that, apparently, a considerable amount of defective units were sold by Woot, making us think that an unthorough Q.C. was made on the remaining stock for this big sale (if at all), perhaps it is better to look for a used unit in good condition than for this remaining stock of "new" units... I was just wondering... In any case, bcswan, congratulations on your bargain, and I hope it will deliver!
Greetings,
I also received my PE from Woot! a few days ago and just opened it up yesterday. I have reviewed the forums just a bit, but haven't searched yet searched for defects/issues, but since you mentioned it above I was wondering what the correct performance of the ereader side is for writing with the stylus? I find that there are two 1/2 inch to inch-wide strips of area across writing area (going left to right) where the stylus will not write. A written line will stop at a given point and then pick up after some distance. (example: "------- ------- -------" although the written line is in an up-down direction and not left to right). i have tried using the stylus at varying angles and with varying pressure, but the screen will not recognize the stylus in those areas. This reduces the writing area available considerably.
If there is an existing thread addressing this already then please direct me to it. I apoligize if I have easily overlooked it, but I am concerned that I have just purchased a defective unit and will need to contact Woot! soon in order to return or replace it.
Thanks for any help/advice in advance.
Cheers,
AJ