View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The filename is mobipocket.param and you are right that for example the font used is stored there. But you are wrong in your conclusion that it is a problem removing. I just tested to rename it and it was properly recreated and new settings was stored in the new file and everything worked perfectly.

So your problem is something else and as I have said it is probably a corrupt file system so why do you not check this? People have posted how to check it in Windows here and it should be easy to google.
How?

And riddle me this. The \eBooks folder was *EMPTY* - I had problems with the Gen3 remembering my font choices. Then I moved the mobipocket.param file BACK. Suddenly, the Cybook remembers my choices. Note that the Cybook did NOT re-create the mobipocket.param file on its own...

And this is a brand-spanking-new (well, okay, a month old) Cybook! I've done nothing to it but add in a few ebooks and delete a few ebooks. No dropping it on the floor, no sitting on it by mistake, no dunking it in water - nothing at all that could be considered harmful. So when, where, why and how would this 'file system corruption' occur?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote