View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertrader View Post
Hi,

I love gadgets and I am an avid reader and was wondering if it is worth getting the Sony reader 900 , considering the low price they sell it now ?

Or maby to wait and see what Sony brings out during fall. Some new Nook I've heard is coming out in late fall.
Market is getting crowded, but I guess not for long.

I love my Ipad for all kinds of things mostly news, internet, apps, reader fonction.

I preordered the new Kindle 3. I have been always a big Amazon fan but never jumped on the Kindle thing because of the format, color, size, etc. But I feel I owe it to Bezos this time. I am always on amazon to look out for things, books , reviews for anything and I think K 3 it is great looking and with 3 G what more you can want ( except epub???)

I returned a PRS 600 because of the glare and price ( it was expensive at that time - before Christmas).

And returned just in time an Aluratek Libre because of poor battery life. I was charging more than reading. Maby my unit was defective but could not stand to try another one. So I decided to buy the Nook in about a week (planned a trip down to US - I am in Canada, 50-60 km from the border) when the announcement for K3 was made.

S0 I jumped on it. I am glad I did. I am as excited to get it as i was to get the Ipad. Which I guess it is a good thing.

But I' d like to have a native epub reader too and one that I can borrow from the library with.

So I thought of the Sony 900 being at 250 right now would make some sense. But not sure of what else is coming. One thing is sure. The last 8-10 months were great to follow the new developments and price drops. So I guess the next 8 would be even more fun to watch.

I would get a Kindle or Nook that way you can read the same books on your ipad with the Kindle or nook app that is available for it - and if you have an android or iphone read the same books on your phone - buy once read everywhere. Sony will lock you into just reading on their device and your PC or mac
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote