View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodby View Post
Thanks Oak for a quick version. I had already tried Landrovan and wygit's suggestions (thanks to you both, also). I'm slogging through Calibre, BookDesigner, Sigil, etc. but the learning curve is a bit steep and I'm trying not to waste time by using the wrong tool.

BTW, I have Acrobat 8.1 and I'm wondering if there are some tips on exporting as HTML with expectation of editing in BookDesigner. I'm not usually happy with any of the PDF image conversion techniques.

RG
Sorry I have not looked at the original file, but thought that I should mention that headers and footers can also be easily removed in the PDF prior to importing into calibre. If you open the document in Acrobat, choose the "document" menu and select "crop pages". Then using the dialog box, shrink the page borders to cut off the header and footer. You can even choose other options like which pages to do this on and even/odd pages, etc. Click "OK". Now choose "document" menu again and select "Examine Document". In this dialog box, make sure "hidden text" is checked and click "OK" (if the metadata is also checked, you might want to uncheck it). Now save your file and import it into calibre for conversion.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote