View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #90
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
There is black tape at the bottom, but not at the sides or top.

Ignore Koreader (though I am using the latest build, 479), because all this is happening in the Home screen of Kobo, i.e. not with 3rd party applications.

UPDATE: Should that black tape be removed?

UPDATE: the brightness is set to various values (from 0 to 100%) with none of them working.

UPDATE: Ironically, it was me who always criticized the idea of "eInk with backlight" and I always wanted more storage. So now I got what I want --- LOADS of storage (64GB in total) but no light. The only worrying thing is that the top right corner IR sensors are not working, so I can't come out of Settings other than via reboot. I hope koreader doesn't need top right corner for any functionality

Last edited by tigran; 08-24-2013 at 12:56 PM.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote