View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I suspect you skipped that part of the procedure (programming the levels to 1.8v with the special Windows driver.)
That is probably how someone else could use the board and you couldn't - they did not skip the "program it to correct voltage levels" step.
It's not a question of skipping the step intentionally; this is my first time attempting a project of this magnitude. I had no idea such a driver was available, and if I did, I wouldn't know how to set it to the correct voltage.

Quote:
The only explanation for that is non-full disclosure of the facts behind the situation.
We where reading "filtered" information on this thread.

A common problem when trying to troubleshoot by "remote control".
I mentioned in the other thread that I'm now working with a different demo unit DXG. I'm still not sure if the first one got fried (stangri tells me he's used the 5V connector on two DXG's without issue), but since this unit seems to be communicating, I'll work on it first before returning to the first one.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote