Thread: K4 Mac or PC Moving books?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
How do I move books from Kindle for PC to the actual Kindle?

If I buy books from other sources than Amazon they will be downloaded to my PC and immediately appear in my Kindle for PC software. However the Sync command doesn't seem to do anything to sync between the Kindle and the PC. What am I missing here?
You cannot move (DRMed) books from Kindle for PC to your Kindle. They are tied by the DRM to your installation of Kindle for PC. You need to re-download them from Amazon specifically for use with your Kindle. You can get Amazon to either send them wirelessly to your Kindle, or to download them to your PC to be manually copied across to your Kindle over USB.

Kindle for PC isn't a general ebook management program, like iTunes is for music. You don't use it to synchronise with your Kindle, you only use it for reading ebooks on your PC.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote