View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #19
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozan View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Looking at the previous pictures of the item, I am almost certain that a different case was sent to him... It would be too much hassle to send it back, etc etc for something this cheap, so either I'll use it with some modifications (e.g., without the cover) or just keep it for something else.

In the mean time, I'll check the computer stores for the case idea you mentioned. Do you happen to have pictures of your case?

Thanks!
Sorry, no pics. But just imagine the simplest sort of design; one piece of rectangular neoprene folded in half, with a zipper going around the three sides. I just cut off one end, about an inch down from the zipper to shorten the case to fit the 505. That left two sides fastened by the zipper (which I glued over so it can no longer open.) Basically just a well padded top loading envelop. I made mine as an envelop inside an envelop. Two layers of padding, different materials, very, very protective, just slightly larger than the 505 in its leather cover. One end is open so I can just slip the reader in or out when I unzip the front pocket of my pack without having to remove the case from the pack.

With the kydex plastic between the two layers, I'd have no reservations putting this into checked baggage if needed. It would need a cement block falling on it to damage the reader, and even then I almost think the reader would survive. Very protective, very easy to use, very easy to make, and very ugly. You can't win them all.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote