View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #38
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
i take it by your love of amazon (and that you say the nook is in 2nd place), as well as your copious use of mickey mouse, that you are american. live in another country with no american address and then repeat what you said. i dare you.
My point exactly. The KPW simply isn't a very good option in pretty much any country that isn't the US.

While, yes, the Kobo firmware does have it's problems (more than the Amazon FW), it's also more flexible. The Glo supports far more file formats and uses a standard format that allows you to purchase books from any store (of huge importance if you don't live in the United States). I've had my Glo since they came out and I haven't experienced any problems that truly got in the way of reading.

It can be frustrating being a Kobo user, but if Kobo would just feature freeze and have 1.6 and 1.7 be pure bug fixing releases, they would easily be top dog for the Global market and be a real competitor in the US. I'm not here to play what ifs, though, and the simple fact that such die-hard enthusiasm for the KPW can practically only come from within the US ecosystem.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote