View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #45
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
About the cover: I think so. I don't think it's necessary any sturdy or heavy but, something that protects a bit the screen, in the same way I carry around my smartphone in a sleeve.
thanks Terisa, it is what I suspected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
at least if you're the type who'll be tossing your ereader into a bag or a pocket with other stuff in it.
yes, that would be the fate of the mini - hopefully I may concoct something, it may even fit a CD case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Really, unless you read lots of PDFs or comic books, neither of which any 5" or 6" device, especially eInk touchscreens, are good for, 1345 MB'll be more than enough space. The only problem the lack of microSD slot causes is that you have to manually reload everything not bought from Kobo if you need to factory reset (and, being a Kobo device, you almost certainly will :P).
thank you! Yes, the problem is with pdf, of which I have many for work - agreed it is not ideal, but I've got used to read them in landscape on a 5" (sure, I love it on my 9.2" much better :-) ), and it is manageable, so I guess I will have to think more about which books I need before I leave.

On factory reset thing: that IS interesting, and delighted you mentioned this, as it will be annoying - is it possible to upload your non-Kobo (legally acquired) books on their cloud for a sync?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote