View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #414
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As to widows and orphans, from what I can see they work correctly. I have played with the settings a bit and any time there is a gap at the bottom, I can count lines in the paragraphs and it agrees with the widows and orphans settings. If there is a problem, it is in exactly how much space the algorithm thinks is needed. It is a little pessimistic about the space left on the screen and the space needed for the paragraph and pushes text to the next screen a little early. But, it looks like it is out by no more than the height of a line.
I'm not so sure. What setting do you use? My widows and orphans are set to 0. I hardly ever have text going right to the bottom, even allowing for an extra line above "the" bar. There's regularly about 2 cm (!) of unused space measured from the top of the menu bar.

I must admit though I went to get a picture to show you, but my Glo battery has just died on me. So I loaded the same book on the Touch, and I can't find a single page with this behaviour. All pages are nicely filled to "1.5 lines above the page number" (ie. filled to the line of the menu bar when that is open).

Both my Touch and Glo are on firmware 2.3.2.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-17-2013 at 03:38 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote