Thread: HD Immersion Reading
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
Count me as one who thought "immersion reading" was a gimmick I might use on rare occasions but no more than that. After using it for a couple of books (Moby Dick, From Here to Eternity), I'm hooked. And I'm not even sure why.

Perhaps it's the reinforced focus of hearing the book read while I read it, a feature that's especially enjoyable with Melville's dense prose. I certainly don't feel it's essential. Been reading long enough that I have a voice in my head that works quite well. But I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy it.
I tried this with my lending library and the audible would have cost $9, and that is not worth it to me.

I would only pay $5 at this time for a book I probably won't even like. But you probably could get a refund if you don't like it. Right?

Does anyone know of a sleep timer App for KFHD?
I need this if I use immersion reading. I have a timer for the Apple Ipod. I have to have it.
new is offline   Reply With Quote