View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #49
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I see where the OP is coming from. Most movies these days offer up to 3 different formats in the package-blu-ray, dvd and digital. Many cds include downloadable extras if you buy the physical package. Even video games come with perks for those who buy new.

I don't think you deserve a paperback copy but a fundamentally different format that (supposedly) costs next to nothing? A case can be made for it.

If publishers want customers to buy their products instead of just pirating them, they need to increase the perceived value of the product. Is one "entitled" to it? No. But I think it would certainly increase customer goodwill.

Whatever they choose to do, publishers are in the same situation that music publishers were in and they've got to adapt or die. Business as usual won't sustain them for very long.

One thing that I've always wondered: why are books never on sale? I'm not talking Amazon, I'm talking in-store. A book could be several years old but it'll sit there at full retail until it rots. Every other product has sales or price-drops, why not books?