View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #60
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Here is one of many sites with battery information:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

It appears that optimal storage conditions would be between 32 and 77 degrees F at a 40% charge. Cooler is better, at least for the battery but maybe not for the Reader. So typical room temperature should be OK. It's hard to say how to maintain a 40% charge. We don't know even know if the Sony battery charge indicator bars represent true percentages.

I think I would do a either a full or partial charge on a stored Reader every 6 months. You do want to avoid the danger of full depletion. There is some sort of smart circuit in these batteries that uses some juice in storage. And if the charge gets below a certain very low point, the batteries become useless and even dangerous.

Anyway, it's nice to know that I'm not the only (crazy?) guy that thinks about having a backup Reader!
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote