View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #50
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
well my T3 has not arrived yet, but am looking forward to the auto standby feature, The T3 works like a laptop PC apparently - close the built in cover & it goes straight to standby, open the cover & it wakes up again. I do anticipate missing the stylus holder which the 650 has though.

As for Kobo killing Sony - well maybe Kobo has greatly improved but I had the 1st gen Kobo alongside of a Sony 350 & the Sony left it for dead - page turns were twice as fast, battery life was much better, UI was nicer & more comprehensive... the Kobo want back for a full refund after 2 weeks, on grounds of crap battery & I have been with Sony ever since. very reliable. on 650, the prs-plus firmware will glitch sometimes but the official Sony firmware ( which I reverted to ) is rock solid.

PS from what I read of lithium battery technology - sittting on a shelf for a year does no harm at all. batteries are good for x thousand recharges.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote