View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #449
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocitus View Post
Ok my apologies for not being clear before, here is what I have just done.

Main Kernel / Partition
fastboot flash kernel kernel_5.0.0.img
fastboot flash system mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img

Diag Kernel / Partition
fastboot flash diags_kernel diags_kernel.img
fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2_ssh.img

It is now booted into diags mode. I have enabled USBnet and have successfully logged into the device root via putty with the root password mario.

I'm a bit confused now as to what to do to get the kindle up and running. I have already flashed the 5.0.0 kernel and partition but trying to disable diags mode and reboot results in "customer partition not ready" and being kicked back to diags mode. I am still currently logged into root via putty.
fastboot flash system mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img
You missed the part that told how this "customer partition" is too large to flash with fastboot.
Just copy that into place following the directions to use dd and your "customer partition" should suddenly be "ready".
That step is done from right where you are now - logged into the "diags" system over putty.
Note:
The "user storage USB" partition seen over the USB cable in normal operation, is seen as /mnt/us from where you are now.

* * * * How to communicate with the non-Linux user * * * *
The Kindles are dual boot machines, Win-3.0 and WinXP -
mmcblk0p1 - Drive C: - WinXP user file system with its own kernel
mmcblk0p2 - Drive D: - Win-3.0 user file system with its own kernel
mmcblk0p3 - Drive E: - as seen from ssh /var/local (both 3.0 and XP)
mmcblk0p4 - Drive F: - as seen from ssh /mnt/us (both 3.0 and XP), Also seen from the other end of the USB cable as the "USB user storage" when things are working.

Does that translate?

Last edited by knc1; 07-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote