View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Having trouble installing Duokan or Duokan Lite on firmware 3.3?

I tried all the steps on the other threads to install Duokan Lite to no avail. What I found was a workaround for my Kindle 3 with 3.3 the firmware. I found that I was able to install Duokan Lite only after installing original Duokan using launchpad (even though I had no intention of using original Duokan).

*PREPARATION*
1. Install jailbreak.
2. Install launchpad.

*INSTALL ORIGINAL DUOKAN*
3. Download Duokan version 0.5.13.8942 (2011/05/20) with preconfigured English language here.
4. Open the Duokan archive and copy the folder DK_System to your Kindle root directory. Notice that If you try to install using the conventional .bin update method, it will fail. So you need to use launchpad to get around this by going here. Follow the instructions on that post to install Duokan original.

INSTALL OLD DUOKAN LITE AND UPDATE
5. Only after installing Duokan original, can you install Duokan Lite. You will need to install an older version of Duokan Lite and then use the option to update via wi-fi. Download older version of Duokan Lite here.
6. Open the Duokan Lite archive and copy/merge the folder DK_System with the one that already exist that was taken from Duokan original.
7. Now you can finally update Duokan Lite via .bin, so copy and paste the corresponding .bin file from kindle3.2.1升级包. Make sure that the file is 131kb and paste that file into the root directory of your Kindle.
8. Reboot into Kindle (not Duokan original!!!). Go to Menu>Settings>Update. The update will take around 5 minutes. Even if it says update failed, you should now be able to boot into Duokan Lite by pressing Q or A when the boot screen gives options. To boot into Kindle press Z.
9. Once you're in Duokan Lite, connect to wi-fi and *check for UPDATE*.
10. Once it's done, you can choose to delete original Duokan and simply keep Duokan Lite.

Last edited by multiprose; 12-25-2011 at 05:22 PM.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote