View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:03 AM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by taspool View Post
Yep, I use the "safely remove" process. I gather from your comment that such regular need to reset is not normal? Any particular program or utility you'd suggest I use to check memory and card for errors?
Nope, it is not normal, I believe. I've had mine for several months now and the only occurrences where I have to reset it is when sometimes it does not boot properly, meaning that it does not even arrive at the second stage of booting, you know, when the screen has the white background. But that happens once every two months, roughly. It still should not do it, but it is bearable.
Certainly it should not reboot whilst you are reading.
I do not know if there is a way to check the internal memory, the SD card can be checked via the normal PC instruments, ScanDisk (if you have Windows) and Defrag. That should suffice. The SD could be broken, of course, then ScanDisk should tell you.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote