View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
GNU Gnash – Flash player for Kindle Touch

I ported GNU Gnash for Kindle Touch. There is Flash player and browser plugin in the package.
The browser plugin currently works only with custom browsers, as my port of SkipStone. When I first tried it, it worked also in native Kindle browser, but later on I introduced many changes and somehow I lost support for built-in browser. I hope I will manage to get back to this functionality. However compilation of this package takes a lot of time and there are plenty of different configuration options… And I am lost now Maybe someone will find out anything.
Browser plugin is enabled or disabled from GUI Launcher. A script just creates or deletes a soft link from plugin in extensions folder to /tmp/root/.mozilla/plugins folder.
According to Gnash developers it supports most SWF v7 features and some SWF v8 and v9. SWF v10 is not supported. There are also some limitations of the port. Kindle's system resources are very limited. There are often problems with sound. Shortly speaking it is very experimental support.
Anyway have fun!

Package for GUI Launcher is available on my webpage.

Edit: Using gnash browser plugin is recommened only for developers or experienced users. Flash intensive sites may hang or restart your Kindle, as reported by cscat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.gif
Views:	768
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	94557   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.gif
Views:	704
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	94558  
Attached Files
File Type: zip gnash-0.2.zip (8.16 MB, 638 views)

Last edited by twobob; 08-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote