View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #63
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool genre?

the dresden files is usually classified as being in the urban fantasy genre. i nominated storm front as a selection for october in the book club sticky thread. the theme for the month is horror. there were a few folks who took umberage with this nonination claiming that it is not "horror". the moderator (tom sharpe) said (after which it was thirded and became one of the finalists) this:

Quote:
Publishers Weekly speaks of "the strangest characters and creatures—including gentleman gangster Johnny Marconi, his henchmen, a sexy female werewolf and Bob, the British-accented talking skull." Wikipedia speaks of one character "grappling with monster-sized scorpions." The book may indeed be a "mostly Fantasy Genre", but I think the werewolves, monsters, talking skulls, and supernatural elements more than qualify it for acceptance into this month's horror genre, so I will allow it. Members will have the final say with their votes.
i thought that maybe the participants here might like to discuss this in more detail than is appropriate in the thread from where the controversy stemmed.

i know, thirded is not really a word, sorry.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote