View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
In the preface to this primer published in 1912 in the Home University Library of Modern Knowledge, Russell writes, ". . . I have confined myself in the main to those problems of philosophy in regard to which I thought it possible to say something positive and constructive, since merely negative criticism seemed out of place. For this reason, theory of knowledge occupies a larger space than metaphysics in the present volume, . . ."

Reformatted (and some typos corrected) from the PG plain text, compared with an Internet Archives scan of the American edition (New York, Henry Holt & Co., no date).

I just discovered (don't ask how) an error in probphil.pdf. On page 83, "a priori knowledge . . ." should be "A priori knowledge . . ." This is corrected in probphil2.pdf, attached.

Well, it's trivial; I know. If there's a more rational way of posting corrections, someone please tell me.

Attachments removed.

Last edited by akiburis; 10-13-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: To remove attachments.
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote