View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
No 6" reader will do a good job rendering PDf files, for reasons that have been discussed in many older threads. Also, there seem to be many ways to create PDF files, so it's hard to make a blanket statement.

I would not recommend any small reader for reading PDF files unless the files have been created explicitly for that size reader, not a common situation.

I don't think that any revision of software will give you a 6" reader able to do a good job with PDF viewing. I'm sorry, I could be wrong, but that's my opinion of the state of the technology right now.
I think that depends on what your requirements are. I frequently read PDFs on my PB360 which is a 5-inch reader. I read the comics in land-scape mode and for text-based PDFs I either use reflow or the landscape mode (with the zoom set to fit-to-width). I find it very usable, but I am either reading text-based non-fiction (i.e. not so many diagrams) or novels and short stories. And comics, of course.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote