View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
alejandrolauva
alejandrolauva began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I just joined to throw my opinion of the 600 screen glare in the hat so bear with me on my first post.

I find the 600 glare issue to be less of a struggle depending upon the lighting your using it in. In particular it's less noticeable in diffused florescent lighting (i.e. at the office) than in direct incandescent lighting (i.e. at home). I believe every user's lighting situation is different so there are many different opinions on whether it is even an issue. That being said I've found two products that helped me to conquer my glare problem, or make it much more comfortable to deal with in all lighting situations. They are the Sony PRSA-CL6 lighted cover and the Lexerd TrueVue Anti-glare screen protector.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product
I own both the PRS-300 and the 600. Since adding the above extras to my 600 I rarely use the 300 any longer. That is unless I need the extra portability of the 300 and not the 600's added features. That being said, the 300 beats the 600 in brightness and contrast hands down due to the absence of the touch screen overlay. If you don't need the features of the 600, then the 300 is much more comfortable to read in less than ideal lighting with no glare issues.
alejandrolauva is offline   Reply With Quote