View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
ellett
Connoisseur
ellett began at the beginning.

Device: Android
An interesting journey.

First run, I used defaults. Touched connect and the circle spun for several seconds and then went away. Option stayed on connect, but there was no indication of any error. Screen below options remained blank.

Checked options and both IP address and port were blank, with the greyed out prompts confirming that they were empty.

Inserted my PC's IP address, confirmed with ipconfig and inserted 9090. Touched connect and circle appeared for a fraction of a second and went away. Option still said connect and screen below options was blank.

Started this thread.

Went back and cleared both IP address and port, confirmed they were empty by the presence of the greyed out prompts.

Touched connect and things started happening, option changed to disconnect and device fields appeared in calibre. Selected all 2200 books and selected send to device, main memory. On PC calibre greyed out for about 30 minutes and then job started and got syncing with calibre window on phone. Have been receiving at the rate of about one book every 5 seconds ever since.

Will update status tomorrow, since it will take several hours for the job to complete.

Between the first attempt and now I have not done anything with calibre, no starting or stopping anything, no adding books, no nothing. Don't know why filling and then emptying the IP address and port fields changed anything.

Between attempts I have been using phone, but have not added any apps or reconfigured anything.
ellett is offline   Reply With Quote