View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
RRRrrr
RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you
Is there another way to manage collections besides Kindle for windows? And will amazon ban your account if you upload books with removed DRM (in mobi format) to you Kindle via the Kindle for pc? Any long-term damage to this? In other words, how does Amazon deal with piracy and are there any problems about it?

As for contacting Amazon customer service-I don't think there is anything wrong with my Kindle as when I contacted Amazon I was told that Cyrillic on-screen keyboard is not supported at the moment. I will probably need a hack in order to have one. Does any one know of such thing?

PS How can I select more than one book on the Kindle for pc? It seems I am able to select one book at a time I created a collection in Kindle for pc and I can't upload them to my Kindle. I selected the Sychronise option and it didn't do anything.

According to the MobileRead wiki
Quote:
I've scratched up a hack to generate collections from directories. The theory is: use a script to generate json codes use to insert& update collections for current contents in /mnt/us/documents/, use the http://localhost:9101/change port to do the real work. I've made an extension to use the yifanlu's laucher, Here
Directly dealing with /var/local/cc.db might work, but risks should be much higher.
As for bricking your Kindle-is it reversible or permanent?
I read there is a way to install other OS on your Kindle-does this improve reading/Collection Management etc?

Last edited by RRRrrr; 05-16-2012 at 04:14 AM.
RRRrrr is offline   Reply With Quote