Thread: Aura HD Screen Freeze
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Don't see how anything could be above the screen, the top piece of plastic anyway, and allow a path for IR light (which still must travel in a straight line, I would presume) that anything could interrupt. I was thinking that when you press with your finger it
deflects the top layer and that is what interrupts the IR beams, silly me.

Some pictures of the edge of the AuraHD are attached, if you look at them full size you should see how there are little ICs spaced all around the edges, I guess they would be the IR emitters.
When I look at my Aura, between the bezel and the screen, there is a narrow space which is set a millimeter or so back from the edge of the bezel. I had assumed that the plastic on the back of the gap was an IR filter which covers the emitters on one side and the receivers on the other side of the Aura (ditto for top and bottom of the screen). I have noticed that if anything gets into there (cat hairs, for instance), the touch screen can behave very strangely.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote