View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #8
ecbritz
Book Concocter
ecbritz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks for the comments, I will certainly study them closely.

We seem to have a misunderstanding regarding my knowledge of Sigil and HTML files. I know nothing of either. I am a Junior Forum Member in the Kindergarten phase. The "script" or "JavaScript" codes or tags you discovered in the HTML file I produced by doing File > Publish to > HTML in WordPerfect X6, have no meaning for me, due to my ignorance at this point in time.

What I want to achieve, is to learn to use Sigil properly, step by step, so that in the end, I will be able to produce a well-formatted eBook, suitable for all or most e-Readers. I would like to take the second step in my learning curve - namely learning Sigil formatting and editing techniques - after getting over a problem encountered on taking the first step.

The first step I took, was to start reading the first, initial Sigil tutorial. What I learnt on the first tutorial pages, I noted down. These simple notes, filling about one page, I published as a HTML file with WordPerfect. This page I attached here, in my previous posting, so you could see how clean or unclean my WordPerfect HTML publication was.

Before I had reached the end of the first tutorial and the first page of my personal "Sigil Instructions" document, I hit the first snag, the first obscurity or problem.

The tutorial instructed me to import a "cleaned up" HTML file into Sigil, using a cleaning macro available for MS Word-published HTML's. Huh? What? I asked with my newbie cluelessness. But I'm using WordPerfect X6! How am I going to "clean up" my WordPerfect-published "Sigil Instructions" document?

At this point - where I am still stuck - I turned to the Sigil Forum. By some magic it turned out that I was already a member. I must have joined when I bought a Sony Reader in 2010. The Sony Reader with its dark screen was no good, so I never used the Forum.

What I need to know at this point, is how best to import a clean-enough HTML file produced with WordPerfect X6. Once I have imported Sigil contents which are suited to Sigil and workable as basis for a good and proper e-Book, I can progress to step two. Step two, I suspect, will be instructions on how to format and edit the contents imported into Sigil.

I hope I have made my dilemma clear now. Just help me to overcome or bypass the obstacle I encountered on taking the first step please. Then I can continue writing the previously attached document, as I progress to step two of learning to use Sigil.
ecbritz is offline   Reply With Quote