View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
rplantz
rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer A500
Print version of ePub

I'm working on converting my 500-page textbook from LaTeX to ePub. It's a programming book, so has lots of computer code, math, and figures. This is an "interesting challenge." Learning a lot about css as I go.

Right now I provide the book in two pdf formats, one optimized for printing (nice margins, gutter for double-sided printing, etc.), the other for eReading (very small margins, no gutter, etc.). Our students can download the eReading file, and our campus bookstore prints the other one on demand. Some students prefer eReading, others a print copy. (BTW, it took a little planning to synchronize the pagination between the two versions!)

How easy is it to print from ePub? In particular, I would like to find a place that would allow me to submit the ePub version to them, and they would sell it either as an eBook or a print-on-demand version. Can anyone point me to such a place?

I have spent a few minutes with Calibre, converting a short ePub book to pdf. Perhaps that is the best approach for me.
rplantz is offline   Reply With Quote