View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #58
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
...I kept getting accused of "malingering". finally I passed out in the mess hall and didn't snap out of it. I woke up in the ER with a 105 fever....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...No passing out, though....
I completely forgot about the mess hall incident during basic training. I was pulled from the line and put on the serving line. I don't know if it was the smell of the food (SOS perhaps?) or what, but I soon passed out and was taken outside to revive. But it was not nearly as severe as what you describe. I was only out for maybe a minute.

The only other time in my life I've ever passed out was in Vietnam, but that had nothing to do with the smell of army food. Some of the guys needed me to play basketball to make an even number of players on each team. I was feeling bad that day too, but the pharmacist (I was a medic) very helpfully supplied me with something to make me feel well enough to play. After a few minutes I was feeling faint, so I sat down and put my head between my legs, then went crashing face first into the concrete.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote