View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_pb View Post
Thank you Geekmaster.
It would seem the device is seen, but is immediately disconnected.

The KT itself is showing the default tree image with no further output.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Bummer...!
Your information shows that you are successfully connecting to it, but it quickly disconnects. As I have mentioned in various posts, this is a sign of a discharged battery. Please leave it connected in fastboot mode for several hours (preferably overnight). A bricked kindle discharged the battery to exhaustion, because battery charging is controlled by software (and you cannot trust the LED). It can receive a full charge in fastboot mode, which has the required battery charging code. You cannot do much useful in low-power mode though, so you must give your battery a full charge first. Then proceed with your recovery.

I put simple step-by-step information in a new thread. Perhaps I need to complicate those instructions a little by adding battery recharging instructions...

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote