View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 03:09 AM   #8
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Sorry, but I never saw this post. I wonder, can you access your account via this http://ebookstore.sony.com/ instead of via the library? That way, at least you would have a better idea if it is something with your account or something with your device that is causing the problem.

Have you upgraded to IE8? I hope it isn't going to cause a lot of problems for us.
I agree. And if you access through this... I have searched their customer support contact with this answer at their website:

CONNECTION ERRORS: I am unable to access the store. I get a message that says the store is unavailable or that I am not connected to the internet or it just times out.
Question

I am unable to connect to the store.
Answer

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Full operation and access to the eBook Store may be inhibited if a firewall or proxy is being used. It may be necessary to adjust the firewall or proxy settings to correctly access the eBook Store.

• Ensure the computer being used to access the eBook Store meets all the system requirements.
• Configure the Internet Explorer browser Security settings for the eBook Store web site.
Tools - Internet Options
General tab
Browsing History area, click Delete.
Choose temporary Internet files in the popup.

Security tab
Internet zone, Set to Default Level.

Privacy tab
Set to Default level.

2. If your Microsoft Windows Internet and Firewall options seem correct, please try disabling any third-party PC Firewall software, as well as any third-party anti-virus or anti-spyware applications, and delete the Temporary Internet Files. Then re-try the eBook Library application to see if connectivity to the eBook Store is now working.

If this is the case, try selectively re-enabling these third-party security applications to see which one caused the problem. Once identified, review the configuration options for that application to allow the eBook Library to access the internet. If necessary, please contact the software vendor for assistance.

The eBook Library application uses HTTP and HTTPS on port 80 to connect to the eBook Store.

3. If you still have problems, ensure that the correct username and password have been entered.

Note: Both the username and password are case sensitive. If the username or password have been forgotten or lost, they can be reset via the eBook Store by clicking on Account, and then Change Password located under the User Information section.

4. If you still experience difficulty when attempting to access the store, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software using the following process:

**For XP:
Go to Start>Control Panel and open Add/Remove programs. Find and uninstall/remove "eBook Library by Sony".

Open My Computer.
Go to Tools>Folder Options.
Click View and select “Show hidden files and folders” and click OK.

Please delete the following folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Marlin
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Sony Corporation
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library

**For Vista:

Go to Start>Control Panel and open Programs and Features>Uninstall a Program.

Click Start --> Control Panel --> Folder Options
Select the View tab
Click Show hidden files and folders

Please delete the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your eBook Library software.

I hope this helps.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote