View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #17
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I want to suggest Joan does the following, but I'd like others to comment first

Remove the Library from Calibre
Delete metadata.db from the Library folder
Create a new Library at the same location
Restore the Library

What will happen if Calibre hits a corrupt opf?
I would suggest that a better solution is to:
  • Use the Calibre 'Copy Library' to move all the files that Calibre knows about to a new location. This will get all the books that Calibre is happy with into the new location, and leave behind book files that are not referenced in the current Calibre database.
  • Use the calibre 'Add Books' facility to add these left behind books back into the new Calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote