View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldThreader View Post
I couldn't figure this one out at all it only lets me pick from a single image no options or anything either. Maybe I'm missing something but seems like this can only edit single images.
Imagemagick is like a programming language. You start a terminal on Linux or Command Line on Windows and you start typing commands, like this
Code:
convert escher01.png -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" escher01.bmp
For details for this example see post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...753#post818753
For description of the convert command see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

I know it looks crazy, but convert command from Imagemagick package has *huge* number of options. It is like Photoshop you run in "blind" mode.
When you have tried an example and you know exactly what you want to do, you take a list of images and use a good text editor to make a program. Either a shell program convert_my_pictures.sh in Unix/Linux or a batch program convert_my_pictures.bat in Windows. You can then let it run and convert thousands of pictures.

So, in Windows you have lots of images, like
flower.jpg
animal.jpg
car.jpg
kid.jpg
and so on. So you make a list of images, by entering a directory with pictures and running command
Code:
dir /B > convert_my_pictures.bat
Then you use a powerful text editor to convert a list of file names to something like:
Code:
convert flower.jpg -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" flower.bmp
convert animal.jpg -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" animal.bmp
convert car.jpg -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" car.bmp
convert kid.jpg -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" car.bmp
Then you run the program.

In Unix/Linux/OSX you might write something like:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for f in *.jpg
do
        convert $f -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" $f.bmp
done
Imagemagick is THE most powerful program for converting images but it doesn't have an user interface you could click on.

If you want something with a nice clicking interface, try this: http://www.xnconvert.com/
xnconvert is a brother of xnview program - a very powerful viewer with lots of options.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote