View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Baumi
Connoisseur
Baumi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Baumi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Baumi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Cybook G3
Question Directory structure on Cybooks

Hi,

I know about the rationale behind calibre not supporting custom folder arrangements on the computer, and Kovid's reasoning that Calibre's interface is superior to any folder organization makes sense to me.

I wonder, however, if there's a way to customize the way calibre stores books on external devices. Case in point: Bookeen's new Mobipocket firmware supports folder navigation, but calibre's tree is less than ideal for that. E.g. it's inconvenient that each book is in its own folder, that there's no way to figure out which books belong to the same series and in which order they should be read, etc.

I noticed that it's possible to customize folder structure by using the export dialog. Obviously, I could just use that to save books on the Cybook, but it'd be much more elegant, if the file structure for calibre's "Send to device" function could be customized.

Is that already possible, and - if not - could it be implemented at all, or are there technological or design-philosophical barriers?

Thanks again for a great piece of software, Kovid!

Last edited by Baumi; 12-30-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: typos
Baumi is offline   Reply With Quote