View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #41
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can say from personal experience that the iPad with the "Goodreader" app is a quite superb environment for reading and annotating A4-size PDFs.
I'd gotten the impression that the iPad was great for letter/A4-sized PDFs, despite not quite being the same size; they show up fine at full screen and zooming covers any detailed checking that needs to happen.

If they come up with a tablet with a 6" or smaller screen, I'll be looking into it, even if it means giving up e-ink's battery life.

According to the OP here, the problem would be battery life and weight, and likely a lack of support for multiple filetypes on the program with good annotations. Size & weight are going to be directly related to screen size; battery capacity is going to relate to display options, and while we'd all love a program that reads, bookmarks & annotates multiple formats at once (modified Calibre app, anyone?) I suspect that different options for different filetypes is going to remain more common.

The other complaint is the pricetag, but it's not like the iPad would cost less if you removed half its starting apps and disconnected it from the rest of the iVerse. The hardware's expensive.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote