View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #52
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
It turns out that the Kobo will recognize embedded font requests as long as they are not in a 'body' declaration, which is the only place they occur in this css file. Other places they are recognized.
I thought it was correct, after w3c specs.

Quote:
A lot of people like to be able to chose their body font - it's supposed to be one of the advantages of an ereader.
Maybe manufacturer has a fear of proprietary fonts, used on device.

Quote:
I can add a fonts directory with a selection of my favorites, then use a settings menu to select the default font, and it will honor the choice made in the css for an embedded font. I suppose a switch setting to allow the my default font to override the css would be desirable, as well.
And probably different css at all. I suppose it is easier to use another
css than change part of it on the flight. Head style is prevailed by body
style, as far as I know. If the font is available and tag set correctly, the
reader will show it on the screen. Than, it should be called "feature", not
bug.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote