View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 09:54 AM   #2284
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Just to ask, is there are people who uses koreader exclusively?

I'm more and more inclined to stick only to KSM and koreader. At the moment only thing I'm missing from koreader is setting clock, I still need to do that in nickel. Or, am I missing something?

If someone is more experienced than me, maybe we could make a thread how to use our kobo ebook readers completely without nickel.
I do all my ereading in Koreader and only rarely go to Nickel to check a setting or test something out. I still am using Firmware 3.5.0, as I have no need for the "improvements"/repairs/enhancements to the readers or the marketing gimmicks.

I never used the Kobo Sync features, and now with the Koreader "Progress Sync" I could sync between Kobo, Kindle, Pocketbook, and Android devices, with Koreader installed.

With Koreader's OPDS support I don't need to use the Klunky Kobo internet browser, to download book files or to access the calibre content server.

If I used "Pocket" I would likely be going to Nickel for that, I don't know if that use would cause any problems, but I remember others mentioning Pocket use as well as Koreader.

Luck;
Ken

It would be nice though if the simple password authentication that caliber can use with its content server, were supported in Koreader's OPDS plugin.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-31-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote