View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #469
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBilly View Post
A "solution" that would require me to remove my thumb from the bezel in a shaking, speeding, crowded vehicle and touch the screen for every page turn instead of holding it securely and just using a small rock of my thumb to change the page. Sounds inferior in every way to my page turn buttons. However, I can understand how an inelegant, second-rate solution would seem only natural to Kobo users.
I was unsure about that as well, I use the buttons on my 650 and hang my left thumb on the bezel slightly overhanging the screen on the Glo, a slight rock or shift of the thumb turns the page. Using these as my 2 main readers at the moment (650 at work and Glo at home) with the Pyrus Mini for walking about - Or reading Pratchett books with lots of footnotes, touch screens are bloody useless for that many footnotes.

The page turners I like most are the slide switch on the left of the Jetbook or the edge buttons on the Bookbox & Pyrus Mini (Although I'll admit the edge buttons only work with a narrow screen).

I can see why Ken clings to his Jetbook with a firm deathgrip, If they made a new one with a decent eInk screen and a better processor I'd get one in a shot the final firmware update made it a very nice device.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote