View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #77
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I did a quick Google check yesterday to see if any sites other than Kindle related forums were talking about it. I didn't see anything. I think I will put a poll to see how many got replacements. I know it is really not a poll as such, either you did or you didn't, but it will track the numbers though VERY unscientifically.
The problem also gets discussed on the official Amazon product forums, although people seem slightly more likely to get drowned out by others telling them they're overreacting over there.

But more tellingly (to me), and the thing that makes me wonder how widespread it is, is that some of the very first customer images that went up on amazon.com were pictures of the splotchy problem. (I wish there was some unified term we could use, heh. Whenever I refer to screen problems with the PW, I'm talking about the multi-color, upper-half, blue/pink/clouds problem. Not the LED spotlight effect which in all honesty does not bug me (probably because of prior PRS700 use and a decade of reading in the dark with crap lighting of one sort or another). Although I also did not have your font 'weight' problem. Just very obvious blue clouds surrounded by pink clouds.)

Quote:
The poll on this topic is here:
He's talking about people who have bad enough problems to get a replacement.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote