View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #118
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallista View Post
Just to make 100 % sure, the 3G feature on these new devices can't be used to browse the internet in some countries, right? (Like my 3rd gen will let me do outside Europe.) Then, aside from the possibility of buying books from the on-line store when you're outside wi-fi range, which is completely useless to me, I have no reason to get the 3G, I guess. Will order the new wifi Paperwhite via a US address.

I didn't upgrade last year, and my 3rd gen Kindle keyboard still works fine, so that'll be my backup for audio and 3G internet, then.
No one is saying.
I am thinking it will be the same as the Kindle Touch 3G. Why would they change.

Here are some clues...

For K3 Keyboard type 3G:
$60 premium for 3G instead of the usual $50 (can't be the hardware, it has gotten way cheaper).
I've read every word on the Paperwhite 3G page and it doesn't mention being restricted to the store/wiki - the Touch 3G did.

For Touch type 3G:

Why would they change?
They don't mention browse anywhere on 3G either
After 5+ versions, the browser is still "Experimental" which means they can change their policy anytime they want.

I went ahead and preordered the WiFi version.
The $60 premium is too much and I will have the tethering on my phone anyway.

How they can charge $60 extra to give you the ability to buy from their store is insane to me.

Open it up and restrict non store stuff to 50megs/month is a better solution.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote