View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #215
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixt View Post
I've started reading Bonk and I must admit it has an interesting subject but sometimes I just can't stand her humor. It just feels fake, unnatural. Sometimes I do laugh, well, most of the time but there are moments where it feels so forced that I just can't continue reading.

Maybe it's because I've watched the TED speech and she repeated several jokes there.
I watched the TED talk too, and I don't think I'll read her book. I think that humor is a valuable addition to a book, but too much of it gets boring, and it shouln't be the main driving force of a book. Of course I suppose it's just a matter of taste. But her stand-up comedian act didn't convince me.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote