View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Alright, I won't worry about it.

But just so you know, I come from a software development environment and the devs always wanted to know about win32 handles and file handles and if they weren't cleaned up after each process and stuff like that. So it was always the kind of thing I reported. I'm not a software developer myself, but a network and system administrator, but the companies I've worked for have all been big names in software.

But your right, the normal user probably wouldn't notice it, though it certainly makes me not want to leave calibre running all the time since it doesn't shut down those extra processes after. And you'd kinda implemented that taskbar feature so people could leave it running. (Don't ask me why... I'm just wicked OCD about my system. :lol: )

Maybe these ones are just references and aren't as big of a deal as open file handles though so I won't fret it. And I'll zip it now since it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone.

Last edited by CheriePie; 03-03-2009 at 12:56 AM.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote