Thread: Aura HD Possible 2.8.1 bug
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I know it's not a problem with the Kobo software, those are just bad ebook files, have you seen if they pass the epub checking services? You can't possibly suggest that not being able to read the files could be a short coming of the Kobo software. Maybe, you can, but I certainly ran into objections to such a suggestion in earlier posts.

Hmmm.... I generate .docx files using LibreOffice. When my colleagues try to use MS Office Word 2010, it either refuses to open the file or the formatting doesn't look like it does on my computer. That MS Word is a piece of crap and Microsoft should fix it! Even though when I open the .docx file within LibreOffice, it shows the same screwed up formatting and, on a couple of occasions, has refused to open the file. The sheer joy of hitting a moving target.

If an .epub file makes it through FlightCrew and epubcheck AND my Kobo ereader has problems with it, then it is a Kobo issue. If the .epub fails to make it through those tests, fix it first before whinging that Garbage In should not equal Garbage Out.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 07-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote