View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #23614
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That's very interesting, thanks. Mine is the square type, with my surname, and was carved for me in Hong Kong, just for fun and as a momento. You are dead right about it being too heavy to carry around for daily use - I'd have no pocket lining left before long.
We had some carved in Hong Kong too, just as souvenirs. Big round ones like this, about 1.5" in diameter and 6" tall! My registered one is bone, oval shaped, about 1/3" on the long axis, and 2" long, and I still haven't gotten used to carrying it in 25 years! But every time a package comes to the door, I need to be able to reach in, dig it out, stamp the receipt, and take the package... Signing is SOOOO much easier.

After-dinner with Keemun tea and a Pepperidge Farm Chocolate chip cookie! Yippee!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote