View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
plus, books may be pliable and organic, but trying to read the omnibus edition of Léo Malet's Nestor Burma books (printed on onion skin paper, as thick as it is wide, and with soft cover...) in bed is possibly the least "friendly" reading experience i've ever had. nothing about the ergonomics of that situation can be described in a positive way. it's much friendlier to get cozy with a little liseuse that weighs a few grammes and can be held in one hand, in any position. i suspect people who never expected it will find themselves forming a similar bond to their liseuse that they had to books, once they actually try them.
I found that trying to read The Stand in bed is not a great experience as well. The pBook is just so thick, it's hard to hold on one hand. Now that's it's available as an eBook, it will be a lot easier to read when in bed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote