View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickeFix View Post
Yifanlu, I am so impressed by your cunningness in dissecting and hijacking the Kindle. And that you do it - as in this case - not for your own need but for the sport and for helping others. I am a bit worried though that you publish and explain the loopholes you exploited since it makes it easier for the Kindle developers to close them. Saying that, I wonder why they bother since I really donīt see the harm for Amazon in letting the Kindle be an open system. It is a great e-reader that becomes even more useful and popular by the hacks and improvements developed by the end users. Only when it comes to circumventing the ads on the ad-supported Kindle or misuse the free 3G service, I can understand that Amazon have their objections. I therefore hail the attitude of jjfs85: "I DO have an ad-supported Kindle, but I intend to keep them as I've agreed." A sign of high moral standards and trustworthiness.
I believe all information should be open. I give out these information so others (not just amazon) can see some of the flaws in their systems and fix them. And even if I don't say how it works, it's very simple to extract the package and see how it works. I'm just saving them a couple of minutes.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote