View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #129
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Logos and bottle shapes are trademarks. They have (to the best of my knowledge) nothing to do with copyright law.

Trademark law is what has been used to restrict grey imports in the EU, in that the courts have ruled that the trademark holder has the right to control distribution.
I should have been clearer.
Bottle labels have been treated as copyrighted works in the US cases; as has a design on the back of the Omega watches.
And, of course, it is perfectly possible for a bottle shape to be a copyrighted artistic work (though I must admit that I don't know if any jurisdiction has ever accorded this status to the Coke bottle).